Friday, March 11, 2011

I really enjoy free things.

I went to TWO MUSEUMS today, fo freeeeee :)
That is one of the bonuses of going to the Accademia--I get into all the Museums gratis!
I went to the Galleria dell' Accademia, which is the gallery attached to my art school and houses Michelangelo's statue of David as well as many other wonderful works of art. As I rounded the corner, and entered in the hallway that leads down to the David, I almost started crying! I know it sounds silly, but as I walked towards him, I just couldn't stop smiling and had that choked-up feeling... It was like when you haven't seen someone you love for a really long time, and you finally are reunited and you are so happy you could (or do) cry.
I plan on going back there very often, because there is a room filled with absolutely wonderful statues that I want to draw. Gosh I am going to miss Italy!!


The other museum I went to was the Sala delle Reali Poste degli Uffizi where they are having an exhibit with all sketches and drawing by some of the greatest artists--Michelangelo, Raffaello, Leonardo da Vinci, Fillippo Lippi--to name a few. It was really amazing to see sketches and drawings that alot of times turned into famous and finished paintings!

such a wonderful and inspiring day!

Also, if you are ever feeling sad or just need to laugh, you must watch this!

No comments:

Post a Comment