Today I went grocery shopping and was surprised at how little it cost for how much I got! But anyways, when I was walking out there was a little old lady also leaving the grocery store, so I offered to help her. I carried one of her bags and she was very grateful! The reason for me telling this story is not to toot my own horn but to tell you that we were able to carry on a conversation for about 5 minutes!! It was awesome. When we got to her house she grabbed my face in the most italian way possible and gave me bacio bacio ("kiss kiss" on the cheeks)--it was fantastic!
Later I walked to a little shop down the street that makes handmade leather journals, and since I was on a mission to find one, this seemed like a good place to look! I went inside and the guys in there thought I was German--I get that a lot here! I ended up talking to the guy for a good 10 minutes. He told me that he'd make me a journal right then and there! It is bellissima--and only 12 euro!
Valentina just scooped me some gelato, so now, naturally, I must attend to it. Ciao :)
No comments:
Post a Comment