| Piazza Anfiteatro |
So this past Saturday, Caroline and I decided to peace out of Firenze for a day to explore a little town called Lucca. Surrounded by massively thick 16th-century walls, Lucca is home to some really awesome Medieval and Renaissance architecture, delicious food (where is there NOT delicious food in Italy), and when we were there-- an antique market.
Our first priority was to pay a visit to Taddeucci, a pasticceria that is famous for its "buccellato"(a sweet bread with raisins and anise seeds). We walked in to the shop only to find it completely packed full of italians trying to get a loaf or two. I took it as a good sign, so when it was my turn, I just followed the Italian's lead and got a loaf.
| When in Lucca... |
Caroline and I got some cappucinos, and sat inside a bar (that's what they call coffee shops here) and ate our Buccellato.
Lucca was definitely a nice break from the tourist-ridden Firenze. We spent our day leisurely cruising around, with no set agenda which was nice. Catedrale San Martino was
STUNNING.
| Caroline and I sitting on the wall on the outskirts of Lucca |
Side note: We may or may not have eaten the entire loaf of Buccellato by the end of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment