So finally, I have posted pictures from my adventure to Cinque Terre last weekend. Our train departed at 6am and we managed to get there--but from the time I woke up until about 8am is all a faint memory--we were barely functioning.
Cinque Terre stretches about 10 kilometers on the eastern coast of Liguria, where the Mediterranean sea and the mountains meet. There are five small villages: Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza, and Monterosso where there are paths that curve around the coast between and through each village. The view (as you can see from some of the pictures below) is absolutely breathtaking! We started from Riomaggiore and finished at Monterosso which has a fantastic beach which we figured would be the BEST way to end a hike--by running straight into the ocean.
I really like the foreground of the Vernazza picture. I mean, it kinda makes the background bland... Personal opinion though ;)
ReplyDelete