Monday, October 4, 2010

Day ONE of the Accademia exam

So today was the first day of our entrance exam at the Accademia. Incase you were unaware (which I was until I arrived here), the The Accademia di Belle Arti di Firenze is one of Europe’s oldest and best known schools for instruction in the fine arts. It was founded by  Lorenzo de’ Medici The Magnificent, and get this--its first Direttore was Michelangelo. Wait, did you catch that? You know, the dude who carved the statue of David when he was 25 and also painted the Sistine Chapel ceiling? Ya, that's where I'm applying to go to school here. NO biggie. 
Another bit of really cool info: our CSU program is the ONLY program in all of America that is linked with the Accademia, so we are the ONLY Americans that get to study there! 

Man am I blessed to have such an opportunity.

DAY 1: Still life painting
6 hour study

the still life, in Real life

My painting, 50cm x 70cm, acrylic
Good news: day one is over, and I am still alive, and I am pretty happy with my painting. However, I am pretty exhausted both mentally and physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment