Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Riding Bikes in London!

I'd say the title pretty much sums this day up-- Paul Voge took Paul and I on a bike tour of London! OH-cool thing: London has this nifty system called Barclays Bikes. So all around the city, there are a bunch of "docking stations". You take a bike, ride it around wherever you want, and return it back to one of the  docking stations!! And get this--the first 30 minutes are for free!! It is so rad. 
We rode our bikes through Kensington Gardens, past Kensington Palace where Princess Diana once lived, saw the Round Pond full of the queen's swans, saw the Albert Memorial, and then we saw Buckingham Palace. At that point, we dismounted our glorious two-wheeled transporters, and walked over to see the Horse Guards, and checked out some art in the National Gallery.


Buckingham Palace 


Fancy moves

THE Paul Voge--our excellent tour guide/entertainer

I'd just like to let everyone know that I had my FIRST burrito from Chipotle in London. I fought it long enough in America, opting to eat REAL mexican food over Mexican-imposter Chipotle food. But I'll admit it, I had a moment of weakness in London. I missed Mexican food so bad and would give anything to eat anything that even attempted to be Mexican. It was good, however, they committed the ultimate burrito sin: their only hot sauce was Tabasco Sauce. No Tapatio or Cholula. I was a little heartbroken.

DOUBLE RAINBOW!!!



If anyone has not seen the "double rainbow" youtube video, please click here and then envision our reaction to this marvelous sight.











Why hello there Big Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment